Garage doors can last anywhere from 10-20 years with minimal repairs, but there will be a time when your garage door needs attention. It’s important to know when that time is, so you don’t end up with a broken garage door and no way to get your car in or out. Here are some tips on when to call a Garage Door Repair Pembroke Pines.
If your garage door is making strange noises: This is usually one of the first signs that something is wrong with your garage door. If you notice creaking, grinding, or any other strange noise, it’s time to take a closer look at your door. There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue:
- First, check to see if the tracks are dirty or misaligned. If the ways are messy, try cleaning them with a brush or a rag. If the tracks are misaligned, try gently tapping them with a hammer. If the problem persists, you may need to replace the ways.
- Another possible cause of strange noises is loose hardware. Check all the nuts and bolts on the door to ensure they are tight. If any of them are open, tighten them with a wrench.
- Finally, make sure that the door opener is adequately lubricated. If it is not, add some lubricant to the moving parts. With some troubleshooting, you should be able to identify and fix the problem.
If your garage door isn’t opening or closing all the way: This could be due to several things, but it’s worth investigating. It could be something as simple as needing new batteries in your remote or something more serious like a broken spring. You can also check the tracks to see if they are obstructed. If the problem persists, you will probably need to call a professional at Advanced Overhead Doors for help.
If your garage door is sagging: This is usually caused by a broken spring. The springs are what helps balance the weight of the door so it can open and close smoothly. If one of the springs is broken, the door will start to sag. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem:
- First, check the tracks to see if they are bent or misaligned. If they are, use a hammer to straighten them out.
- Next, tighten the bolts and screws that hold the tracks in place. If that doesn’t work, you may need to replace the tracks entirely.
- Another possible cause of a sagging garage door is worn-out rollers. Inspect the rollers to see if they are cracked or damaged. If they are, you will need to replace them.
- Finally, you may need to adjust the tension springs. Garage doors have either torsion springs (located above the door) or extension springs (located on either side of the door). If your garage door has torsion springs, you need to call a professional to help adjust them. However, if your garage door has extension springs, you should be able to adjust them using a screwdriver or wrench.
If your garage door is damaged: If your garage door is damaged, there are a few things you can do to repair it. If the damage is minor, such as a loose screw or a small dent, you may be able to fix it yourself. However, if the damage is more severe, such as a significant dent or a broken panel, you need to call a professional for assistance. In either case, you are inspecting the door regularly and making repairs as soon as possible to avoid further damage. By taking these steps, you can keep your garage door functioning properly for many years.
If you can’t identify the problem or don’t feel comfortable trying to fix it yourself, it’s best to call a professional. They will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Knowing when to repair your garage door is essential so you can keep your door in good working order. If you have any concerns, it’s always best to call a professional for help. Just make sure to do your research so you can find a reputable company.