Table of Contents
Names of Cities That Begin With X
While no country name begins with the letter “X”, both in English and other languages, numerous cities and towns do. China is home to most of these cities and towns, while Mexico has two and Mozambique and Uzbekistan each have one. Below are a few of the cities whose names begin with the letter “X”.
Examples of cities that begin with the letter “X”
A Xai-Xai and a Xo’jayli
- The city of Xai-Xai is the only one in Africa to begin with the letter “X.” It is located in southern Mozambique and was previously called João Belo. With an estimated population of 116,000, Gaza City is the capital of Gaza Province. Karakalpakstan, which is an autonomous republic within Uzbekistan, includes Xo’jayli. Karakalpakstan’s capital, Nukus, is about 15 kilometers northwest of this city.
Cities of Mexico
- The state of Veracruz has two cities that begin with the letter “X.” Xalapa, the capital of the state, is also the name of the nearby municipality. Xalapa’s name derives from Nahuatl and means “sand” and “place where water is.” A strong cultural influence of the University of Veracruz has made Xalapa popularly known as “the Athens of Veracruz.” Population numbers around 388,000.
- Xochimilco, one of the 16 boroughs of Mexico City, is the other city beginning with the letter “X” in Mexico. A former independent city, Xochimilco, is at the center of the borough and is subdivided into 18 neighborhoods.
The Cities of China
- The largest city in China, which is estimated to have a population of 5.9 million, is Xi’an, which has a name that begins with the letter “X.” There are more than 25 other cities in China whose names begin with the letter “X.” One of China’s Four Great Ancient Capitals, Xi’an is the capital of Shaanxi Province and one of China’s oldest cities.
- It is the second-largest city in China that starts with the letter “X.” Its estimated population is 2.4 million, and the majority of its residents are Han people. Fewer than 5,000 of the population identify as being from other ethnic groups.
- Hubei Province also includes Xiangyang, a prefecture-level city. In Hubei, the city ranks second in terms of population after Xianning, with an estimated 2.2 million residents.
- Xiamen is a sub-provincial city in the southeastern Fujian Province, with a population estimated at 1.9 million. There are two intersections on it – one in the west and one in the north – connecting the cities of Zhangzhou and Quanzhou.
- Shandong province’s central region is home to Xintai, a county-level city. Additionally, it is a county-level division of Tai’an.
- To the northwest of Zhengzhou lies Xuchang, a prefecture-level city in Henan Province. The city is the center of the Chinese tobacco industry and is also known as a wig manufacturer.
- Xinghua, Xiantao, Xinyu, and Xinxiang are other cities in China that begin with the letter “X”. At least one million people live in each of these cities.
What city begins with the letter X?
So, What city starts with the letter X? In the United States, both the City of Xenia, Ohio and the Village of Xenia, Illinois have names beginning with the letter “X.”
What is the number of countries beginning with X?
In the world, there are only two countries named with an ‘X’.
Is there a city whose capital begins with X?
What city starts with the letter X? As an example, Shaanxi Province’s capital city Xi’an is a prominent city. There are quite a few cities in China that start with the letter X. Shaanxi Province’s capital, Xi’an, is a prominent city.
How To Pronounce “X” In The Names Of Chinese Cities
Due to the fact that most city names beginning with “X” are not in the English language, the “X” is sometimes pronounced differently than it would be in English. A Romanization system known as pinyin is often used to write down the pronunciation of Chinese characters. Because of this, the “X” in the name sounds like a combination of “sea” and “she.”
How many states begin with X?
There are several states in the U.S. whose names contain a rare letter. Only Arizona and Texas have the letter Z in their names, while New Mexico and Texas have the letter X. The letter P is also relatively rare among the 50, appearing only in three states – Pennsylvania, Mississippi, and New Hampshire.
Which is the most common Arab name?
Trending Arabic names in the United States: #1 Zayn. #2 Amir. #3 Kairo. #4 Nasir. #5 Cairo.
What does it mean to have a rich name?
Rich is an English name that means Brave Ruler or Wealthy. Typically, parents who are considering baby names for boys use the name Rich. The name Richard is shortened to Rich.
What is the best name in the world?
How many countries are represented by which letter?
Due to India and China, the numbers tied in the letter I (with 8 countries and 23.56 percent of the world’s population) and the letter C (with 17 countries and 22.35 percent of the world’s population), since they are the two biggest countries in those categories.
What is the gender of the name Zuriel?
The name Zuriel has Hebrew origins and means The Lord Is My Rock. The name Zuriel has been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names, that is, names that can be used for any gender. Zuriel was a Levite and chief of the Merari clans during the Exodus in the Bible.
In the United States, what city starts with X?
A Fact about Xenia, Ohio As you plan your next road trip, remember that Xenia, Ohio boasts the largest population of any city in the United States beginning with the letter “X.”
Which is the longest Arabic word?
‘awafalaliyasta’minunannakomuhalahonna’ أوفلاليستأمنوننكموهالهن is the longest Arabic word with 23 (arabic) letters and 37 (latin) letters, meaning “do they insist that I assign it to them as I wish?”
Does X begin the name of any countries?
No country name in English begins with the letter X. Three countries begin with the letters O, Oman, Wales, and Qatar, while Yemen starts with the letter Y.
In which country does the letter X begin?
Although no country names begin with the letter X, the Catalan language presents names that begin with the letter X, such as Chile (called Xile in Catalan), China (called Xina in Catalan), and Cyprus (Xipre).
What places begin with the letter X?
The following list of cities begin with the letter X: CityCountryXalapaMexicoXiamenChinaXi’anChinaXiangtanChina25
Is there a country whose name begins with an X?
A name that starts with the letter ‘X’ can only be found in 2 countries.
What countries begin with X?
There are no countries that begin with X. Nevertheless, there are a few territories and cities in the world that begin with X.
What place starts with X in the world?
Xai-Xai and Xo’jayli. African cities that start with the letter “X” are rare. Xai-Xai, located in southern Mozambique, was formerly known as João Belo. Current estimates place its population at 116,000 and consider it to be the capital of Gaza Province.
What is the most famous landmark?
Travel is inspired by these monuments and natural wonders. Paris has the Eiffel Tower, and New York City has the Statue of Liberty. Each of these landmarks holds a special significance to the place and its history, so they should be on your bucket list when traveling around the world.
What city is called Xavier?
In America, one place is named Xavier. In Cuba, one place is named Xavier. Mozambique has a city named Xavier.
What is Xavier’s nickname?
What is the meaning of the name Xavier?
With regards to race and Hispanic origin, 31.5% of people with the name XAVIER are White, 54.8% Hispanic origin, 9.6% Black, 2.5% Asian or Pacific Islander, 1.1% Two or More Races, and 0.5% American Indian or Alaska Native.
What is the rarity of the name Xavier?
The name Xavier is one of those rare X names that actually sounds cool. Due to Jesuit founder St. Francis Xavier, the name first became popular among Catholics. Today, it is best known among comic fans everywhere as Professor X (full name Charles Xavier), founder and leader of the X-Men.
Xavier is a Catholic name?
As well as Xavier (Ze*vi*r, Se*-, Ze*vier) in Spanish, French, and Galician, Xavier is another name for Francis Xavier, an early Roman Catholic saint from 16th-century Spain.
Xavier is a good name?
The school is as popular as ever now, as parents are beginning to reevaluate Xavier. People often use Xavier as a middle name following Francis, as in Saint Francis Xavier, since it’s one of the only X names they know and use.
Zavier means what?
As a boy’s name, Zavier comes from Latin, Spanish, Arabic, and Basque roots meaning “savior”.
Is he Zavier or Xavier?
Xavier’s Spanish name is Javier (pronounced [xa**je*]). This name comes from the Catholic saint Francis de Xavier, where Xavier refers to the saint’s birthplace.
List Of The Most Populous Cities That Start With The Letter “X”
Rank City Country Population
1 Xi’an China 5,905,000
2 Xianning China 2,462,583
3 Xiangyang China 2,199,689
4 Xiamen China 1861289
5 Xintai China 1,315,942
6 Xuchang China 1,265,536
7 Xinghua China 1,253,548
8 Xiantao China 1,175,085
9 Xinyu China 1,138,873
10 Xinxiang China 1,047,088
11 Xinxiang China 1,047,088
12 Xiangtan China 960,303
13 Xianyang China 945,420
14 Xinyi China 913,708
15 Xiaogan China 908,266
16 Xuancheng China 700,000
17 Xingtai China 670,154
18 Xinyang China 600,000
19 Xingcheng China 552,180
20 Xinzhou China 544,682
21 Xalapa Mexico 525,147
22 Xichang China 481,796
23 Xilinhot China 245,886
24 Xai-Xai Mozambique 116,343
25 Xo’jayli Uzbekistan 104,589