Recycling offers a great return on investment if you look at the major benefits it can provide in exchange for minimal effort. One of the biggest advantages it offers is the potential to be reborn in the form of a new product. If you’ve ever bought a product packaged with post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials, you’re enjoying the fruits of this labor. Check out these five benefits that PCR materials provide.
1. Minimize your company’s expenses. One of the most obvious advantages is the major reduction is cost that PCR materials can provide. Eco friendly pouch packaging that utilizes PCR is often much less expensive that other packaging options that are not made with recycled materials. These savings can be passed along to consumers, too, offering products that are more affordable. The reduction in cost can ultimately boost your company’s profits and help you remain competitive on the market.
Table of Contents
The Global Plastic Problem
2. Minimize landfill waste. PCR material offers an effective defense against the global plastic problem. As it stands, there are millions of tons of plastic waste contained in landfills around the world. These landfills cause pollution, and the waste that they hold often won’t decompose for many generations. Finally, landfills emit greenhouse gases that can contribute to climate change and damage air quality for surrounding communities. By recycling plastic, you can minimize the accumulation of plastic in landfills and help contribute to a solution.
3. Minimize ocean waste. Landfills aren’t the only place where plastic gets dumped. There are also of 5.2 trillion pieces of plastic filling the ocean — killing sea creatures, damaging ecosystems, and wreaking havoc. This problem has only worsened in recent years, but many activists are fighting to implement new policies to prevent ocean dumping. Though these laws are not yet in place, you can do your part to mitigate plastic in the ocean. You can recycle and use PCR materials for all of your packaging. These may seem like small steps, but they can be a major benefit to the environment over time.
An Eco Friendly Solution
4. Connect with your customers. Did you know that there are many consumers who specifically seek out eco friendly goods? Indeed, many shoppers are motivated to buy for the environment, and smart flexible packaging is a great way to appeal to these shoppers. More importantly, though, it demonstrates that you share core values with your target demographic. You, too, care about mitigating plastic waste and producing eco friendly products. This can help you connect more effectively with your customers and generate more sales.
5. Reduce your energy consumption. Many people don’t think about how much energy they consume on a daily basis, but being more mindful of this is a great way to develop more eco friendly habits. While you’re at it, you should consider the energy expenditure posed by the products that you buy. Your customers are probably environmentally conscious people, and when you offer PCR packaging that requires a minimal energy expenditure, you can boost your brand’s profile.