Writing academic assignments is not a walk in the park. Even the most successful writers in the world today dreaded writing research papers in college. Therefore, if you dread the essay writing process, you are not alone.
Essay writing is nowhere close to solving a math problem or answering a science question. You’ll have to choose a good topic, conduct extensive research, and write and proofread your work. Apart from that, you have to cite all the sources that you used using the format that your tutor prefers. All these activities require a lot of time and energy. And these two resources are scarce in college. If you’ve been thinking of writing your research papers quickly to save time, this article is for you.
- Go through the guidelines
Never start writing an essay or even answering exam questions without going through the guidelines. If you want to get good grades, don’t assume anything. There’s nothing worse than spending several hours researching and writing only to realize that you didn’t answer the question in the end. If there is a guideline that isn’t clear to you, don’t be afraid to ask the professor. Asking for clarification doesn’t mean that you are stupid. However, it’s foolish to complete an assignment without understanding the guidelines. By asking questions, you’ll not only increase your chances of getting good grades but also bond with your tutor. College tutors enjoy interacting with students who ask questions.
- Choose a good topic
Your tutor will provide a topic for you or you’ll have to come up with yours depending on the type of essay. If your professor requires you to come up with your topic, there are a few points that you should keep in mind. First, always choose a topic that interests you. Going for a boring topic will make the essay writing process extremely difficult. Second, choose a topic that isn’t too wide or narrow. A very wide topic will make it harder for you to capture all the relevant points in your paper. On the other hand, a narrow topic will make your research process extremely hard. To avoid choosing the wrong topic seek best paper writing services help and use these tips:
- Brainstorm with your colleagues
- Always choose a topic that you understand and is researchable
- Before you start, do your research to ensure that there are enough sources in the school library and the web
- Write down your thesis statement
- Research efficiently
After going through the guidelines and understanding them, you need to conduct extensive research. However, don’t spend too much time thinking about the research process. Most students tend to waste a lot of time researching instead of writing using the sources that they’ve found. Remember, the purpose of researching is to write. To avoid spending too much time here, always set a time limit or find the best assignment writing services for students. The key is to start writing with what you have. When you do this, you’ll know what you’ll need as you progress. Research extensively and efficiently. However, don’t spend most of your time here.
- Come up with a thesis statement
A thesis statement is the foundation of your entire paper. It’s what you’ll have to prove while writing your paper. Therefore, it has to be precise and strong. The thesis statement should follow the hook that grabs your reader’s attention in the intro. A thesis statement is usually made up of one sentence that tells the reader what they’ll be reading in your paper. To find out if you have a strong thesis statement, ask yourself:
- Does it appear in the intro?
- Can other people argue against it?
- Does it prove a single claim?
- Is the answer anything meaningful?
- Create an outline
With the main ingredients of your essay, it’s time to create an outline. An outline acts as a guide or map to help you achieve your objectives. While most students write their papers without an outline, it’s always important to have one as it will help you save a lot of time and energy in the long run. You can easily create an outline by:
- Listing the key points that you’ll cover
- Writing your sources under every topic
- If you don’t have enough sources, research more to get more content
- Organize and write down the key points to ensure that your paper flows
- Write down your thesis statement and ensure that your paper answers the question or supports the argument
- Avoid distractions
Your environment matters when it comes to productivity and performance. The biggest obstacle to productivity after procrastination is distractions. You have to be focused on writing your essay to do a great job and complete it on time. To create a conducive environment for writing, here are a few points:
- Find a quiet and comfy place: Your dorm room, coffee shop, or the school library can be great places to write your essay. You want to be focused on the writing process. Therefore, you should choose a comfy desk and chair. Ensure that all the materials that you need to do the work are there to avoid wasting time.
- Block technological distractions: Put your phone away when writing. If you are addicted to surfing, consider installing web page blockers. You can also install apps on your phone that promote productivity.
These are some of the best tips that you can use to write a high-quality essay quickly. Which tip are you going to start using today to achieve your academic goals?